How To Organize Embroidery Threads
Hello to you all! Today I’m answering a question I have been asked a lot! How to organize embroidery threads?
I always thought I do it like everybody else.. but I guess I wasn’t haha. So this post is to anyone that have a secret box of shame filled with messy threads and knots.
Why To Organize Embroidery Threads?
- When your threads are organized you can find more easily, and most likely you will use them more so you will embroider more!
- It will save you a ton of time when you look for a specific color (with my secret tip! keep reading!)
- When you organize ,anything really, you kind of doing a personal inventory. I guess that is a tip from the business woman in me 🙂 That way you will know what you have for future projects.
- And my favorite reason! you get to throw away what you don’t need anymore!! I love getting rid of stuff!
Thread Organization Video Tutorial:
5 Steps to Thread Organizing:
- Get one container that can store all your embroidery threads, This is from IKEA GLIS container from the kids section.
- Roll thread left overs on thread organizer cards, If you know the number of the shade write it on the card for future projects.
- SECRET TIP! Don’t organize by colors! It will make it easier to find specific shades.
- Place the same kinds of threads together.
- Try to maximize space! Be thoughtful about your stuff, if you have threads you didn’t use in years pass them along to someone who might use them better and throw away unnecessary packages and bags.